Monday, October 03, 2005

TTHAMTW 27 September - 2 October

  • Firstly and most obviously; students. Thousands of them, all arogance, pastel, ripped T-Shirts, designer Jeans and stupid hair cuts and that's just the blokes. Why isn't it the 80's or early 90's again where being a student meant better things? A: You were actually fairly intelligent. B. You liked bands like the Smiths and Joy Division rather than Oasis and the Killers. C. You were skint and therefore more humble. Todays students don't know they're born.
  • Me. Yes incomrehensible I know but I annoy myself. Why is it that I can walk into an office full of 40 year olds and feel like I own the place and couldn't give a toss but when it comes to befriending fellow students or joining a society I clam up and then march off in a strop because nobody wanted to talk to me? Then comes the intense hating oneself for being an antisocial freak
  • The cat for killing the dragonfly. We have made friends again but there is still an air of hostility between us.
  • No friends in this godforsaken wildnerness. This has been compounded by my inability to befriend the student populus and the fact that all of Tom's uni friends were gathered in Norwich without us for Kate's birthday. Jealous, me? Of course.
  • No trips out into the Devon countryside this weekend. Feeling a bit sorry for ourselves.
  • Had a bit of a row with Tom on Friday. We were both a bit drunk, he was miserable about his crap job and words were exchanged. We're fine now.
  • Exeter's lack of decent pubs. This one isn't going away.
  • Halifax bank for not allowing me to open a student bank account with them. I failed on the credit scoring for a student bank account, it makes no sense. You're a student for feck's sake why would you have a good credit score. They had the best overdraft rates and now I have more money worries than I would have done with them, but at least I don't have to encounter that twat Howard's face when I want to do some banking.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go to hsbc! get a free railcard!! if they are still doing it. yes.
sraaah

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Marco said...

My mate's mates work for the Halifax. (Maybe one of them in Halifax) Apparently Howard IS a complete twunt. We're not - as you know - the type to hide what we're thinking. He may be aware he's not kindly thought of by everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home