Thursday, September 08, 2005

Things that have annoyed me this week (3 - 9 September 05)

In a new section which has been imaginatively titled, I shall be returning to my true vitriolic form...

This weeks openers in no particular order are:
  • The 'surfer' in my office who keeps humming the latest Oasis single. He sucks, it sucks, it upsets me.
  • Virgin records for allowing me to order a 7" single which they had no intention of actually obtaining.
  • Alex James standing in for Steve Lamacq while he is ill. He is rather crap, and as my bus journey home was a highlight of the day for Lammo's good day/bad day this is no good thing.
  • Post coming through the door which forces me to reply, i.e Student Finance people wanting to see my original passport. The photocopy would not be acceptable. They also lost Tom's P60.
  • Not having broadband.
  • Finding famous tea shop in Sidmouth only after it had closed. According to Tom's hairdresser they do pavlovas as big as your face.
  • Weather turning bleaker towards weekend.
  • Not having functioning washing machine or means of drying clothes.
  • No visits from friends or family in pipeline to look forward to.
  • Exeter's lack of decent watering holes.
  • Restaurants which are chains but pretend otherwise. You only realise when you get in and look at the menu only to see it's a company based in St Albans. I otherwise try and avoid chain eateries like the plague.
  • US governement's response to floods being shit all, until a few thousand poor black people had died possibly needlessly. I'm sure that it will come to light that Bush has cut budgets in areas which may have helped quell the disaster due to his incessant chanelling of monies into his war machine.
  • Smell in house - possibly eminating from uneaten strawberry cake.
  • Periodic stomach upsets which prevent me from working.
  • Scary uni approaching angst.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Marco said...

If ^this dude^ is blogging about subliminal messages, shouldn't he be able to tell us without us knowing?

In other news, because I don't listen to the radio a lot, the new Magic Numbers single (in fact, the whole album) is wonderful for beating any kind of blues away.

Good to hear from you both today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home