Monday, September 26, 2005

First day of the rest of my life

I know what you're thinking; 'She's a student now and she's up before midday, how abhorrently wrong!', but I had to get up even though I don't actually have to do anything today because I'm too excited.

Yesterday as you may have gathered I was in a bit of a grumpy mood, I felt really anxious about what would happen this week and miserable at the fact that although I now have lots of time to luxuriate in my own company, poor old Ton has to work and that seems unfair as I've done everything in my life since age 16 with him. I'll miss him terribly but I hope he'll sort things out soon and at least be happier with what he is doing.

This morning a different Faye has awoken. I have already jumped around the bedroom to the Go! Team and I've put some washing on, I've cooked myself porridge and I'm on my second tea of the day. Despite the fact that Phill Jupitus didn't play my request for Belle & Sebastian, I'm in one of those fantasticly great moods which you wish would last forever and infect everyone you know.

I'll go in to uni today for a bit of a scope around as I need to go into town anyway today to look for a backpack which will define who I am to the world, as they need to. Not sure who I am though, so that doesn't help much, I'll see what the cool kids are carrying! The real stuff starts tomorrow with the politics meeting where you meet the people you'll be studying with for the next three years, I'll be happy if I meet anyone half as wonderful as those friends that Tom made this time five years ago but I know that due to my advanced age I might not meet anyone, and I'm ready for that.

The reason I'm so happy today is I feel like I've got my life back again and that's an incredibly important thing for me.

2 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Opie said...

Oh Yippy! I do miss the jitters one gets before thier first day at a new school. You have the advantage that I never had of being a smoker so at break you can go hang with the 'cool' kids - where I just usally went to the loo and hung around the vending machine pretending I was thinking of buying something. God I'm a dork. I am soooo jealous. This is the first year of my life since I was three that I haven't been to school. Seeing as I'm turning 27 on Friday - that has been a LONG time. I love school. God I'm a dork.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Marco said...

Unlike Opie, I had my first year of non-school the year before last, and it was crap, so I went back. It IS a truly great feeling, especially now, when I 'rule' the school.

I'll wish you luck, with the customary 'you won't need it' attachment (although some things you have to depend on luck; the person you sit next to, what kind of soft drinks are available, the first joke you tell... all sorts)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home