Sunday, October 02, 2005

Politik

I thought I'd keep up the prolific blogging so as to shame others into doing better. Not too much to report at the moment, I went into university for a meeting type thing on Tuesday; that was fine. I talked to some fellow studentia: they seemed fine. I have chosen my modules (Arab & Islamic History, Culture, Economics & Polictics, British Government & Politics, The Globalisation of World Politics & Modern Politcal Analysis) & had a peek at my timetable; seems fine (except for a 4-6pm Friday afternoon lecture). All fine but no cigar.

The thing it seems about studying politics is that everyone has something to say on the subject. I'd love to be doing Physics or Geology where you must tell someone what you're doing and they just nod and know better than to discuss it because they know nothing about it, but everyone seems to be an amateur politcian. Take our butcher (very curmudgeonly faced, big handed boy from the village) after hearing what I was studying (this part of the conversation always goes along the lines of ; Them : 'What you studying then?' Me: 'International Relations.' Them : blank expression, me : 'You know like International Politics & History'). Butcher boy then proceeded to say ' You know I is the hang 'em, flog 'em and kill 'em brigade'. What can I actually say to this? He has a meat cleaver and a mad glint in his eye, I am wearing a rainbow coloured scarf and purple Doc Martins, this conversation cannot be allowed to go anywhere, so I smile and say 'Remind me not to get into any debates with you down the pub' and make my exit. I never plan to get into any debates with this character down the pub. Really, never.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Marco said...

I don't ever get involved in political debates. Ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home