Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Me This Annoyed Week Things Have That (2-9 October)

Again not too much, which must be good. Apart from annoying myself after spending too much time in my own company, this week's minor upsets are:
  • Students. I really don't like them. But then again I don't like chavs, geezers, office workers, townies, lads, suburbanites, upper clas twits, tories, media types, tarts, slappers, teenagers, mean hearted old ladies, grumpy old gits, nutters, the boring, the unaware, the uncaring and the unwashed.
  • The National English Test on the BBC with Tom being a linguistics grad it had to be done but it was so stupidly annoying we both got quite angry. The worst thing apart from the entertainment format of the test, was that part of the test was comprehension where you had to listen to some idiot off Dead Ringers doing impressions and remember what he said. My brain goes into shut down as soon as any naff impressionist starts talking so I naturally got all these ones incorrect which really pissed me off. I got 54/70 (top 5%) and Tom got 62/70 which is apparantly in the top 1%, clever bugger. I wish I had better things to do on a Saturday night.
  • State of the house. It is going downhill rapidly and the worst it gets the less I can be arsed to do anything about it.There was a weird smell coming from the vegetable cupboard over the weekend and we assumed it was some decaying old veg which had been left, emptied out old veg and smell lingered. I discovered yesterday that it was in fact a chicken breast, purchased on Thursday which I though I had left in the butchers. The smell was rancid and it had a bluebottle in tow, I shudder thinking about it now. I'll make a start on the mess if I ever get off the internet today, our parents are coming to visit soon so I will use this as an opportunity to get my arse into gear.
  • Tom's work. He has an interview for a job he actually wants but the wankers he currently works for wont let him have the time off to attend it, so he has been forced to quit as of this Thursday. Our household will then consist of one student and one unemployed person. Rent? Bills? Food? Oh dear.
So a bit more than I thought this week. Once I began typing it started pouring out. I hope I put this much effort into my degree course.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Marco said...

I got 60. I felt a bit poo about it, but its alright. I couldn't be bothered remembering the listening bits, though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home