Sunday, November 20, 2005

Radio friendly unfit scheister

I'm a tad worried that I'm becoming a 6 Music junkie. I have even appeared on the radio this week in an attempt to win a wheelbarrow load of prizes on the 6 Music Bank competition , I didn't win by the way. I have also been exchanging e-mails with Andrew Collins (see blog link) who has offered to read and review my blog but as far as I know has not yet visited.

Tom nearly appeared on the radio today but although they rang him to ask if he would go on air, they put his name in a hat and drew out someone else. I probably spend about 75% of my non-uni day listening to 6 Music and have won several exciting prizes from them, including a portable DAB, already. If you're a regular listener you'll often hear a mention of 'Faye in Devon' putting in requests and answering competitions. Its not as if I think that the radio presenters are my friends or anything, if that starts I promise I will give it up.

Its been a bad week in some respects as I missed out on seeing Martha Wainwright through a stomach bug which I was rather pissed off about, as you can imagine. That's 25 quid I'll never get back and a Canadian lady who I probably wont be able to see again. Really need a night out as well as I was looking forward to one courtesy of Martha. Ended up in local pub again last night and then having take-outs, smoke and Spaced at home. Made the mistake of mixing weird almond vodka (brought back from Boston, MA by Mrs Tom's mum), milk and Maltersers - not a good idea - but didn't throw up!

Got the essays in OK but I'm worried that I'm shit at uni. I thought that by going as a sensible mature student I'd be able to knuckle down and try and get a first, but this idea is slowly disappearing, it seems that you have to be quite clever as well - bugger!

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Marco said...

Its great being mentioned on the radio. A... friend of mine got us a mention the other week during a match. Top notch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home