Friday, May 06, 2005

Good news for people who like good news

Although today will hardly go down as one of the best in Britain's history with only 22% of the electorate voting for the party in power it will go down as one of my best. I have handed in my notice at work and all things going well on 4th June we will be vacating this fine city and moving to Devon.

I went down to Exeter on Tuesday and found a tiny thatched cottage to rent in the idyllic Devon village of Silverton, ( www.eclipse.co.uk/silverton/ ) I just found myself having major deja vu when posting that link, how bizarre? Anyway although we do not yet have jobs we have decided to bite the bullet and get a house hopefully allowing jobs to follow on very soon as Exeter has virtually nil unemployment. Silverton is a picture postcard village off the beaten track so not too touristy, it has three pubs, views of the rolling Mid Devon pastures and hills, a really good Greengrocers and butcher. The cottage is small but lovely with a really beautiful garden and pretty facade. We have to pass the referencing first so it's not 100% but I am almost certain that we have got it.

So after six and a half long painful years at Norwich Union I am leaving and the best thing is I'm still signed off until 25 May so I only have to work for a week and a half before I leave, I am both scared and ecstatic at the same time.

Today also I am hungover and tired because I stayed up to watch the election and drank the lion's share of three bottles of red wine with my friend Sarah. The highlight was George Galloway for me, the biggest endorsement of the anti war ballot in the country. I did not however enjoy all the smirking Tory bastards thinking they'd done well by being bigoted racists. Hopefully although Labour did win the election as it was with a much reduced majority they may find some humility and stop steamrollering the country into places you should not be going with a Labour government. I wont hold my breath though.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Marco said...

Looks bloody nice does Silverton. I've been meaning to say that for ages, but I keep forgetting. I looked round the website a while ago. I hope things work out for you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home