Saturday, March 26, 2005

East meets West

Now is a very transitional time for me so I feel like my blog will reflect this. Usually my head will be full of stuff like when is the new ... album out, who's about this weekend and which pub do I fancy going to. But right now it seems that I am unable to concentrate on anything except arranging our move to Exeter. This has perhaps been spurred on by the fact that my employers have decided to completely mess things up for me at work.

I think that means I am ready to go. Norwich has been a really cool place to live and I will miss it when I leave especially my friends and family but my time is up. I am seeing things with the misty eyes of someone who will not experience them anymore like the blossom which fills the wide avenues around the city, the majestic silhouette of the cathedral when lit by night and the gurning, stooped locals who hang around the market early in the morning when I am on my way to work.

But Devon, what a place to move to. I should imagine I will feel very lucky to liv e there. I keep seeing things on tv and getting really excited, wondering whether I will be taking in those views soon. A lot of people tend to choose their moves based on the course they wish to study or a job they need to take and end up in some very uninspiring places of the UK but not me. Call me placeist but I never wish to live somewhere you can't easily place on a map like Leicester, where the hell is that? It seems to always be further north than I'd place it. I love the extreme of going from the extreme east of England to the extreme west and I could never live somewhere wasn't near the sea.

I've just realised that what was meant to be a few passing thoughts has turned into another wistful epic. Apologies to anyone reading my blog. My boyfriend looks like he has passed out on the bed in sheer boredom waiting for me to finish this and I need to get an early night as I start at six tomorrow. It will also be my last day of overtime at Norwich Union ever, hurrah! Screw the bastards! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home