Sunday, January 15, 2006


Happy belated New Year and Happy Birthday to me. Yesterday I reached the grand old age of 26, I am now in my late 20s looking in the eyes of the big 30 but lets not dwell on that. For my birthday I went to Bath, where we wandered around the beautiful alleyways, took a stroll around the royal crescent and the famous circle, ate a Sally Lunn, had a lovely meal in an italian restaurant and drank in two proper old fashioned pubs. I liked Bath, it was ridiculously nice, almost unreal. It doesn't seem like a real city where real people live and do crap stuff. Bit of escapism, I suppose, mainly on my behalf as I'm sure people do live boring crap lives in post war, semi-detached, laminate floored, tv in all the bedrooms homes, but it just seems like a place which is untainted by the is-everything-shitness of modern britain all Jane Austen rather than Eastenders, I like that in a city.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Crispy Floyd said...

AAARGH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I CARE! I DO DAMN IT ALL TO BISHOP STORTFORD!
Well, you did choose a krakin' city to visit. Bath, its a city, plus one. Minus filth. I hope you took the time to smell the baths, and hurl rocks at the mimes.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Opie said...

Yes Happy Birthday! And also be glad that Leeson there didn't take you to Bath as he has a tendiency to direct you into the only bad bit or a recycling centre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home