Monday, March 14, 2005

Only boring people get bored

So my first blog entry, I'm not bored, most definitely not bored. But I have got a rare day off to spend on my own, usually my days off work are spent heading to the North Norfolk coast for a pint and a walk so I feel like I should be doing something better with my time.

So what have I been up to on my day off, well I read the Subtle Knife for a couple of hours (I know its a children's book and this is one of my pet hates. Adults reading children's books, especially in public places like on the bus. It's as if by displaying your copy of Harry Potter to the world you're either saying look at me I work in an office and I'm actually reading a book so that everybody knows you have the mental age of a nine year old or perhaps you're hiding a copy of Crime & Punishment behind it for fear of being linched as someone with a bit of intellect, this I'm sure is a necessity in some less middle class areas of Britain). Anyway the His Dark Materials trilogy - bloody brilliant. My boyfriend read me a chapter aloud and now I'm hooked.

I have also been watching DVDs and playing quizzes on www.funtrivia.com highly addictive stuff, theres a league and everything. It was quite a difficult job tearing myself away but I got a bad score on British History so I had a small tantrum and gave up.

As for the rest of the day, we'll see but I will not be bored maybe I'll go for a little walk around the Norwich suburbs or to a park. I work for a well known local pensions company so a day off is priceless. This company is the most hideous, soul destroying and bile inducing way to spend the hours between 9am and 5pm that you couldn't imagine if you tried. I am being royally screwed around at present and I'm close to getting signed off work for stress so perhaps soon all my days can be spend like this - heaven.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Opie said...

Good to see you on the time sucking world wide web and if I ever figure out html I'll have a link to your site on mine. Happy Blogging!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Marco said...

I agree with your title, but not some of your book points.

I couldn't get into the His Dark Materials. It just didn't click.

Also, I read Harry Potter on the train (in Latin). Does that just make me pretentious, or will people just not notice - I've taken the dust jacket off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home